ABSTRACT

Aronia is a superberry that contains antioxidants. Due to its nutritional value, it has received much attention and has been widely researched. In this study, the proportion of aronia powder applied to spelt wheat flour was measured with the pH ratio of the additive and respondents’ preference was examined for the preferred addition to the additive population. As a result of the acidity measurement, the pH value tended to decrease as the amount of aronia powder was increased. As for the fermentation expansion rate, the volume of the dough added with aronia powder was measured to be slightly smaller than that without addition of aronia powder. Preference of breads with aronia powder added showed higher preference when 6% was added compared to when 3% of aronia powder was added. As a result of preference survey of breads containing aronia powder, the most preference was given to taste when 3% of aronia powder was added. Color, fragrance, and overall acceptance were the most preferred when 6% of aronia powder was added. Based on these results, the optimal mixing ratio of aronia powder to spelt flour bread was selected to be 6% of aronia powder.

KEYWORD

aronia, spelt wheat, bread, preference, mixing proportion

REFERENCES(16)open

  1. [jounal] Gasiorowski, K. / 1997 / Antimutagenic activity of anthocyanins isolated from Aronia melanocarpa fruits / Cancer Lett 119 (1) : 37 ~ 46

  2. [jounal] Handeland M. / 2014 / Black chokeberry juice(Aronia melanocarpa) reduces incidences of urinary tract infection among nursing home residents in the long term-a pilot study / Nutr Res 34 (6) : 518 ~ 525

  3. [jounal] 황은선 / 2013 / 아로니아즙 첨가 양갱의 품질특성 및 항산화활성 / 한국식품영양과학회지 42 (8) : 1220 ~ 1226

  4. [jounal] 황영란 / 2015 / 아로니아 분말을 첨가하여 제조한 설기떡의 품질 특성 및 산화방지 활성 / 한국식품과학회지 47 (4) : 452 ~ 459

  5. [jounal] Kähkönen, M. P. / 1999 / Antioxidant activity of plant extracts containing phenolic compounds / J Agr Food Chem 47 (10) : 3954 ~ 3962

  6. [jounal] Kedzierska, M. / 2012 / Effects of the commercial extract of aronia on oxidative stress in blood platelets isolated from breast cancer patients after the surgery and various phases of the chemotherapy / Fitoterapia 83 (2) : 310 ~ 317

  7. [jounal] Kim, J. S. / 1996 / Induction of quinine reductase by genistein, soybean isoflavone / Food Sci Biotechnol 5 (1) : 70 ~ 75

  8. [jounal] 박미정 / 2016 / 아로니아를 첨가한 막걸리의 발효특성 / 한국식품과학회지 48 (1) : 27 ~ 35

  9. [jounal] Ohgami, K. / 2005 / Anti-inflammatory effects of aronia extract on rat endotoxin-induced uveitis / Invest Ophth Vis Sci 46 (1) : 275 ~ 281

  10. [jounal] 류혜숙 / 2015 / 아로니아 부산물 분말 첨가 쌀 영양바의 품질 특성 / 한국식품영양학회지 28 (6) : 947 ~ 955

  11. [jounal] Sikora, J. / 2012 / Short-term supplementation with Aronia melanocarpa extract improves platelet aggregation, clotting, and fibrinolysis in patients with metabolic syndrome / European Journal of Nutrition 51 (5) : 549 ~ 556

  12. [jounal] Simeonov, V. / 2002 / Environmetric modeling and interpretation of river water monitoring data / Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 374 (5) : 898 ~ 905

  13. [jounal] Son, J. H. / 2001 / Physiological effect of Korean black soybean pigment / Korean J Food Sci Technol 33 (6) : 746 ~ 768

  14. [jounal] Valcheva-Kuzmanova, S. / 2007 / Antioxidant activity of Aronia melanocarpa fruit juice in vitro / Acta Aliment 36 (4) : 425 ~ 428

  15. [jounal] 윤향식 / 2014 / 아로니아 분말을 첨가한 식빵의 품질특성 / 한국식품영양과학회지 43 (2) : 273 ~ 280

  16. [jounal] Zheng, W. / 2003 / Oxygen radical absorbing capacity of phenolics in blueberries, cranberries, chokeberries, and lingonberries / J Agric Food Chem 51 (2) : 502 ~ 509